Friday, March 7, 2008

ladies night...

Last night was ladies night out for drinks.

A.R.K. -"Martinis: Just like tits, one's not enough, three is just too many."

So, for a ladies night out, we sure spent a lot of time talking about mens...



Reminded me of this little gem I first saw in my Feminist Film Studies class in college...



The entire movie is talking about the men, so I thought I'd freshen up from all that convo with the in color fashion show.



Tomorrow is International Women's Day. Here is some Janis Ian to celebrate that.



a timeless classic...



What are your dreams for women?



I think my biggest dream for women would be to have complete human rights. And, you know, to not be raped, molested, abused, tortured or sold into slavery. That would be a start...

Girls Rock comes out this weekend!



I really wish that something like this was around when I was younger. I always wanted to be in a band, and I think when I was younger I was intimidated by the fact that it was such a guys world. So I grew up always dating musicians, instead of actually becoming one myself. In high-school the boys were always skating and playing music. The girls, well, they were busy getting ready.

and to close off for the day...

They don't wear "the pants" over at Fox news...



Not that it's news to anybody, but they don't wear "the brains" over there either. That goes for both genders.

Tonight is another LA Jezzie meet-up at the Cat & Fiddle. Maybe we won't talk about dick so much as I continue in my fierce girl time while TB is in Florida (he is a tour manager) at the Langerado Festival.

Happy International Women's Eve. Hug a bitch today!

No comments: