Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Just be logical people!" Guest blogging with Pilita!!!

Pilita makes her introduction to the world of Im'ing as blog context. Enjoy...

6:17pmHolly
Hey there! What a fun day at work, right?

6:17pmPilita I feel silly

6:17pmHolly
Ok. Good then! So, what are your thoughts about Palin? Are the Republicans suddenly card carrying feminists?

6:18pmPilita No, she is not a feminist. She's anti women's reproductive rights (even in the case
of rape and incest). She's horrible...


6:22pmHolly
I know, right! You know I was reading this survey that was done which asked
Americans if they would terminate a pregnancy if they knew their child would be
born with something like downs, and more than 90% of those surveyed said they would.
So talk about extreme in the greater context of American views on when an abortion is an option.

What about this scenario? America has the highest incest rates
of any "first-world" (HA!) country - So, are we supposed to tell our young women
who are raped by family members and get pregnant that they need to have these babies?
Hmmm, well.. it would definitely lead to more Republicans being born...

6:27pmPilita I am pro choice and anyone has the right to do whatever with their body, but I
don't believe that linking abortion to terminating babies with downs syndrome is
really where we should be focused.

Just keep it legal and focus on keeping unwanted pregnancies from happening

That's something we should all agree on. Like Obama said in his speech


6:29pmHolly Right, well, in order to do that we would have to make erasing poverty and
increasing access to some real eduction part of the status quo, and for sure that
is not part of the Mccain platform.

Also... to make the violence against women act finally a reality - go biden for his
history with that one..

6:33pmPilita Yes, we agree on all that. People need to be properly educated at an early age
about sex. Kids should be comfortable asking any questions and hearing honest
answers. Also more funding to after school activities. If a girl has a strong
interest in something and is focused on her future she is going to make smart
decisions.

6:35pmHolly But its even more than that, right? Because I knew girls who had strong interests
and were future focused who had pregnancies they never intended for...
I mean, at root can it be a self- esteem issue? Or total ignorance too? This guy I dated in high school was trying to have sex with me when I was a virgin. This is how the convo went-
No!
But...You won't get pregnant.
And how do you know that?
Because I don't want you too - That only happens to people who want it.

That guy became a dad at 18 btw...

6:36pmPilita Putting all personal and political opinions aside... If you look at this purly from a logical perspective - kids need to get educated, it should remain legal to have an abortion.
And if you're a gun totting hunter you should want to protect the earth you hunt
on and want everyone to carry arms in a legal and educated way

6:36pmHolly Do you think Obama will heal the wounds of our countries educational failures?

6:37pmPilita Well - self esteem is a factor.

To change that deals with the media and so many other personal things

Uh, I don't know. To be honest.

6:38pmHolly Did you know that Pilan was a runner up for Miss Alaska?

6:38pmPilita Well, that is not what bothers me about her

6:39pmHolly Me either; just a fun fact

I respect a woman who can wrangle a moose in heels while playing the flute.

Gives me something to aspire towards in my role playing...

6:40pmPilita Her lack of experience and, sadly, typical conservative views really scare me. He
wants her cause she's a woman who is pro guns, pro oil drilling, homophobic, anti
environment...I haven't heard one good thing about her. I also heard McCain had
only spoken to her twice

6:41pmHolly I bet he called her a little lady...

6:42pmPilita She probably liked it

6:42pmHolly lol. He is totes going to throw out the c.u n.t. at one of these debates...

6:42pmPilita What, was Condi not available?

6:42pmHolly You know that Cindy must be sweating bullets...Mccain was rubbing his wedding
ring all nervously during Palin's acceptance speech

No - Condi was busy being too black.

Plus, is America really ready for a VP who wears stilletto boots and tight
leather skirts? Apparently we are barely even ready for "hockey moms."

6:44pmPilita In a way I am glad. The decision was one of the biggest in his campaign and he
fucked it up. It makes no sense. She has very little experience on top of that. I
mean look at Biden. Compare his experience to hers.

6:46pmHolly The biggest attack point they had on Obama was his lack of experience.

foot. in. the. mouth. much? I am looking forward to calling Obama the President of my country.
Not that I know him, or could call him, but, ya know...

6:46pmPilita He attacked Obama for his celebrity status. Claiming he didn't have the chops for
the job and then he chooses her because she is a woman.

It's insulting. To be honest.

6:47pmHolly Word.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I just wanted to say that Pilita's responses were very articulate and thought out. That's all. :)

Anonymous said...

I so smart.