Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Puss Wrote Your Puss A Love Letter



Madame Margaret! Oh! My! Goddess!

How I knew her long before she ever went panning for pussy.
How she taught me to live life fabulously! She reminded me that when I am down, to remember that I've always got style. When I am outnumbered, she assured me of my own strength, and to use it for those who have none. When I struggled to get the job finished she reminded me how to do an efficient job!

Oh! How our puppies both bring babies to shrieks of glee and cause random strangers to fall in love amidst the absurd chaos!


Margaret -
You spoke to me with the same story.

So from the age of 10, I became anorexic, and then bulimic, and then stayed that way for about twenty years, until one day I just said, Hey, what if this is it? What if this is just what I look like, and nothing I do changes that? So how much time would I save if I stopped taking that extra second every time I look in the mirror to call myself a big fat fuck? How much time would I save if I just let myself walk by a plate-glass window without sucking in my gut and throwing back my shoulders? How much time would I save? And it turns out I save about 97 minutes a week. I can take a pottery class.
You called out the bullshit.

It's gonna be really hard to find messages of self-love and support anywhere, especially in women's and gay men's culture. It's all about how you have to look a certain way, or else you're worthless. You know, when you look in the mirror and think, "Ugh, I'm so ugly, I'm so fat, I'm so old." Don't you know that's not your authentic self? But that is billions upon billions of dollars of advertising. Magazines, movies, billboards, all geared to make you feel shitty about yourself, so you will take your hard earned money and spend it at the mall on some turn-around creme that doesn't turn around shit.
You made me proud. Stronger. Because with each voice we (women) put out there, with unity and grace, we all grow together. Hope we can articulate and with humor at that.

We have Dreams. We have Revolution inside us.

If you are a woman, if you are a person of colour, if you are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, if you are a person of size, if you are person of intelligence, if you are a person of integrity, then you are considered a minority in this world. And it's going to be really hard for us to find messages of self-love and support anywhere.... If you don't have self-esteem, you will hesitate to do anything in your life.... You will hesitate to report a rape. You will hesitate to defend yourself when you are discriminated against because of your race, your sexuality, your size, your gender. You will hesitate to vote; you will hesitate to dream. For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution, and our revolution is long overdue.


"I'm not going to die because I failed at someone else. I am going to succeed at myself. "

You embody beauty. Generosity. Laughter through the Tears. And of complete Love in face of all else.

A true righteous woman...I can't wait for this fucking madness to air!


One ya'll bitches with a television needs to be inviting me over come the 21st.
I am not joking. I will bring the fuckin' party.

No comments: