Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just a Suggestion...

From my perspective it seems that perhaps if you break up with someone, that maybe you should not go "hanging out" with them right away. Maybe you should "just say no" to going out with mutual friends for a few drinks. Because, let's face it...Who has just a "few" these days? Maybe you should stay sober and meditate on yourself, instead of getting shitfaced and being mean to people and making people cry or conversely talking all sorts of suicidal crap.

Then again, this is just a suggestion...

2 comments:

margot said...

I am a firm believer in the 'pretend like i never met you for awhile' post break-up... always works.

HOLLYWOODENFLAMES said...

Word!

One of my ex's has befriended my friends boyfriend, so now when I am hanging out with her, he's always fucking around. I broke up with him over a year ago, but its totally AWKWARD and LAME having him around because he is always trying to bring girls (and really young ones!) over or is hitting up the ladies at parties...

As for the rest of mine, by and large I like the whole - pretend I never met you! I don't get why people always try to "be friends" with people they never really were friends with in the first place.

Whatever. I had the shittiest experience last night because of the drama which unfolded around 2 am from this recently broken up couple friends of mine. Nothing good ever happens after 2. Which is exactly why I am concerned that the
Obama/Biden announcement was made at 3 am East Coast Time...