Sunday, March 15, 2009

you can spend your time but you can never buy it back again

I haven't written any new poetry in a while. Maybe it's because I have been just been trying to raise a new, a beautiful, poetic conciousness to my days instead. Maybe it's the paradigm shift I am witnessing in myself (as objectively as I possibly can) but all my pieces previously written currently connect with me about as much as my cell structure of a year ago, 6 months ago, one week ago even does. I mean, it's all born from the same imprint, the same light, the same energy, yet...it's transformed.

I remember a show I was in in high school where a monologue of mine began with "Does one accept or create their own destiny? Endings are only relative to the fear of them." I have never forgotten those words...

This is our free will, to make every moment count. At the end of this week I turn 28, and all I know is that I have had enough wasted moments for my life already. I'm done with that. This weekend has been so incredible and lovely and happy because of the choices I have made on how to ride these waves. And to embrace my days and the people I encounter with loving thoughts. I've caught myself in the past weeks about to complain, or say something snarky, and instead of letting that out of my mouth, I am reformulating that in my head. Is this really how I want to spend my time, or, can I take my yoga practice off my mat for real? Can I approach this position, and instead of saying it's too hard, or it hurts, or I can't do it, or I'm not graceful, can I just say that I am proud of myself and my effort and I am going to fill this moment with my Joy? Can I share that Joy?

How do we spend our time, so that we would never want to buy it back again?

Make it all count. It's too overwhelmingly
precious and awesome.

No comments: