Monday, June 23, 2008

reflections...

So I had my little lesson in censorship today. I took something off my previous blog because I opened my email today to see a message from my ex.

Subject : Hi

Body: I don't ever want to talk to you again.



Now, I thought a good place to go might be to ask an ex of mine a few questions. This turned out to be a bad idea. Read and learn from my IM mistakes....

In regards to blogging, and I will just specifically speak in regards to when you and I were in a relationship, do you feel that I should have ever or always asked permission whenever writing something that you were part of, whether or not it was anonymous, and whether or not it was just about my feelings or so on and not necessarily about you or "your character"?

why are you asking me this?
and to answer your question, you never need my permission to write anything. it's a free country. if i can't handle it, it's my problem.

because i am working on an article on the subject, and b/c you were the last person i was in a relationship with who i also wrote about online.

cool

and actually, not true. there are many legalities in regards to writing about people who are not in the public eyes (i.e. celebrities, politician, etc)
So, in your opinion, i can write anything about you, make it public, and that would be cool? i wouldn't need your permission?

cool? i guess it depends on what you'd write. but you don't need anybody's permission to write about them as far as i know.

so, then , what would - "depends on what you write" - contain? would it be anything that wasn't flattering, or possibly embarrassing, or mean even? would that be totally based on yr reaction then, and not any any tangible limits about what is kosher and what isn't?

well i dunno. i was really excited when you wrote stuff that was nice about me, and then i was indifferent when you wrote the opposite

so what was it about the nice stuff that made you excited? that it was this public thing? or that I thought that in the first place? and on the flip side, i don't think i ever wrote "not nice" things about you. i mean, you kinda broke up with me like a highschooler in my opinion.

the stuff you wrote made me happy
and the public thing on the other end was when i wasn't into it

sorry, that was worded strangely .
so, you were happy with nice things i wrote about you, and then you were indifferent about it when you weren't into me anymore?
or you werent into the public thing?

both

doesn't being "not into" present something a little different than "indifferent?"

um ok

no, it was a question

i don't know

do you think i was truthful in regards to the public representation i made of you?

i don't really remember what you said

is there anything you would in the future like me to never mention on my blog or in my work at large? or is it all free game?

i don't really care. you can say whatever you want.



I never should have involved myself with someone who really believes and says "it's a free country." I mean, how can I expect any introspection from the guy who once told me that his convos about girls with his best friends are only about two things 1: how good they are at blowjobs and 2: how well groomed her pubic area is...and by groomed I mean they liked their ladies like their 5 year olds - no hair. Ew.

Ok then. Moving On...

No comments: