Wednesday, September 17, 2008

the lovers...the dreamers...and me...

Every obstacle we come across in life is here to teach us something about ourselves. We have these obstacles, because there is some part of us that we haven't opened up to yet.

They are here for our path of self realization...

I guess the difficulty, the struggle, lies not within the obstacles themselves, per se, but within that realization.



I have always had lofty dreams and aspirations for myself. It has only been recently that I have attempted to back up those dreams with actual attainable steps however. Everything that I have ever achieved beforehand was accomplished without an actual plan. Just as I have come to realize that love doesn't come from chance or luck, I realized that realizing oneself doesn't really either.

That's a whole bunch of "realizing's..."

If ever you were to look back and say "5 years from now I will be..." does it ever match up? I mean, five years ago I think I expected to be on the cover of American Theater, and that's about all. But today, well, I am 27. I am 27 and I have about 40$ in a savings account which seems slightly ridiculous in comparison to my married friends who have just bought homes, or to, well the reality of what is going to be happening with our economy.

Last night I met up with an old friend who I haven't seen for years, and it was pretty surprising for her to hear me speak about what I want and am working towards. A year ago even, you would probably have heard me making fun of marriage and family...But, that's so different now. She was kind of shocked to hear me talk about the things that I see now having so much meaning. Because, in whatever way we define it, we all desire for meaning - true and authentic meaning in our lives...I want every day to be filled with it. Which, unfortunately, this day has not had much of. But I have a long history of beating myself up so I won't do that anymore. Things are what they are...

Maybe I am not prepared to be without a job, but with about 70% of the population living off of their debt, am I the only one? No. I have this awareness now, of really trying to learn from everyone and from everything. I know the universe manifests "Yes's" all around - when you are open to it...

I am a lover.

I am a dreamer.

me-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the universe does manifests yeses all the time...often times we forget to put in a yes to get yes...that's a trick we all have to learn. What goes around comes around. If you ask for something, you gotta give something. Not say you have to give with the thought that you want to get. You just have to give, whatever it is and when its your turn to get, you will get what you need.

That was my realization being in Israel...now as for obstacles or the different paths we take to finally get to the light, i havent really found too many answers for. They say that sometimes you just have to have to go through obstacles to get to your blessings. Perhaps. I guess when we go through them, we struggle, but thats exactly when we do the most self learning. We dont learn by going with the flow, we learn through ambition and drive that it takes to make it through...

You'll make it through, we all will