Thursday, February 14, 2008

another day at the office...

I just got back to work from Glendale, where I was sent by my boss to pick up some forms at the Glendale Courthouse.

It was all sunny out, with a thick breeze, driving with the windows down...blasting some black keys..I park about 6 blocks away from the courthouse where I can park for free. As I am walking towards the building, this guy sitting at a bus stop turns around as I walk by and screeches out "Dammmmmn" as if I had laid out his nuts under a stiletto heal and was pressing down on them. Normally, I would just ignore this and keep on walking. This man, however, thinks that wasn't enough and proceeds to let a slew of obscenities come my way. The people sitting at the bus stop seem all awkward about this guys behavior and all sheepishly look away. I turn around and yell, "Fuck off asshole!" He yells out at me, "Pervert! Look at what you're wearing." That's all I heard left because I had traveled out of earshot at this point and it was getting windy.

First off: Let's review.

per·vert [v. per-vurt; n. pur-vert]
–verb (used with object)
1. to affect with perversion.
2. to lead astray morally.
3. to turn away from the right course.
4. to lead into mental error or false judgment.
5. to turn to an improper use; misapply.
6. to misconstrue or misinterpret, esp. deliberately; distort: to pervert someone's statement.
7. to bring to a less excellent state; vitiate; debase.
8. Pathology. to change to what is unnatural or abnormal.
9. to convert or persuade to a religious belief regarded as false or wrong.
–noun
10. a person who practices sexual perversion.
11. Pathology. a person affected with perversion.

Now, not that this should ever matter, but I was wearing a summer dress. It goes about 6 inches past my fingertips making it appropriate attire for even a public high school. My cleavage was slightly visible, but c'mon, I have ginormous boobs, I could wear a damn turtleneck and you would still notice. I had on a denim jacket over this. Now, how does my clothing make me a pervert? Fuck off is right to this ignorant asshole who enjoys harassing women in the streets.

I have been jogging at 6am before, in sweats, and men on their way to work, early morning meetings, no coffee yet, will somehow have the ability to roll down their windows, hoot and holler, as if I am going to run after them and beg to sit on their dick on their way to work.

I am pretty sure that most women have to deal with jerks like this every day that they walk down a street. This probably all began for me when I was like, 12, so I have had more than enough years trying to ignore this type of crap. I mean, you really can't let it get to you, ya know.

I may be a pervert as some of my friends can well attest too. But it is definitely not for the clothing I wear. In fact, I do believe this man has a perverted idea of what a pervert is....Jerk.

No comments: