Saturday, February 2, 2008

the morning after...

Sometimes young fun gals will invite people over to share conversation and good times over a bottle of Jameson. Sometimes, silly gals will get a little tipsy and hook up with one such person they invited over. And sometimes, said girl might be so tipsy she does something she never does outside of monogamous relationships, namely have unprotected sex.

Which brings me to the following day, where being the good paranoid non-birth control taking jewish girl I am, I figure I have to go get the morning after pill. I mean, just because someone doesn't come inside you, doesn't mean you can't get preggers. Right? - Fuck, am i ovulating now? When is this timing/shit again? Damn why don't I pay attention to this shit!-

You have a few choices as a woman in regards to how to obtain such a pill. You can a: go to the free clinic and wait 4 hours and are forced to get a fucking pap smear no matter if you have a regular gyn b: go to planned parenthood, wait 3 hours and pay $30 for plan b, or c: go to the pharmacy and pay $50 for immediate state of mind.

Believe me, if men where the ones who could get pregnant, the morning after pill would be fucking free. Or subsidized and cost about $5. It infuriates me, that the ones who this money is an issue for, teens, starving artists, poor folks, etc..are people who should be able to have access to a basic fucking right to not getting pregnant so they not choose to be.

I went to the pharmacy, dropped $50 of my hard-earned money, and took the pills later on in the evening along with the remaining swills of the leftover whisky.

Now who says staying in and drinking was cheaper than hitting the bars.

No comments: