Sunday, February 3, 2008

you're invited to the pity party

I had the most craptastic derby practice tonight. I could not get the fuck out of my head to skate. I know I am strong enough; for fucks sakes I know how to skate. 75% of everything is attitude and I was totally set in this state of mind "Oh, it's so hard...I suck...This is fucking impossible..." Uggg. I need to practice more and work on getting out of my head. I really need to pick something to focus on like "today I will work on my t-stops, or today I will work on skating backwards." Or I just need to pretend like practice is a two hour audition for Whip It. Actually, I bet that would be quite effective.


I am done with my moaning. I will go get over this with some Jameson on the rocks. Happy fucking Super Bowl Sunday bitches.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Gritty in Pink said...

Oh, I feel your pain, sister girlfriend!

I've realized there's nothing wrong with throwing an old fashioned pity party every now and then. It's good to get it all out.

It also helps me to remember everyone has shitty practices. We've all been there: some days, it feels like it's just not happening. So, don't compare yourself to the girls who've been doing this forever, and take solace in the fact that "tomorrow is another practice."

If all else fails, you can laugh at how I'm skating! :)

HOLLYWOODENFLAMES said...

thanx!!!